ETN Hydrogen Working Group
The objective of ETN’s Hydrogen Working Group is to enable and optimise the use of hydrogen in gas turbines by:
- Highlighting potential use, applications and benefits
- Pave the way for funding opportunities by highlighting the research needs on gas turbines to burn hydrogen, in order to contribute to the deployment of those gases in future energy systems
- Address operational issues/effects on gas turbines components related to the use of hydrogen
- Explore market opportunities and retrofit solutions for existing and future gas turbines fleets operating with renewable gases (containing hydrogen)
- Assess and address operational safety aspects of hydrogen in gas turbines plants (and pipelines)
- To foster the use of hydrogen and hydrogen carriers (such as ammonia) as complementary energy vectors to decarbonise the energy systems
ETN Hydrogen Report
ETN’s Hydrogen Working Group published a new report ETN Hydrogen Gas Turbines – “The path towards a zero-carbon gas turbine”
Ugo Simeoni, ETN
Valentin Moëns, ETN
PROJECT GROUP MEMBERS:
ETN Hydrogen Report
EU’s hydrogen strategy – ETN members invited to provide input
The European Commission has launched a public consultation on “A EU Hydrogen Strategy”. The strategy seeks to explore the potential of clean hydrogen to help decarbonising the economy in a cost-effective way, in line with the European Commission’s 2050 climate neutrality goal. The Commission’s roadmap gives further information on the scope of this initiative.
ETN has drafted a position paper, based on the previous discussions within ETN’s Hydrogen Working Group, and plans to submit the document to the European Commission’s consultation. ETN members are invited to provide their comments and feedback on the paper to Ugo Simeoni (us[at]etn.global) by Friday 5 June 2020. Please note that the position paper cannot exceed 4000 characters and should address the following topics:
- Identify the role that clean hydrogen can play in the EU climate and energy strategy.
- Main barriers that prevent the scaling-up of the production and the use of clean hydrogen
- Identify a set of actions to address the barriers and foster a competitive European value-chain.
- Identify regulatory measures to deploy hydrogen as an energy carrier
- Identify the use of different funding instruments.
- Engaging international community and promoting international cooperation.
There are no upcoming events
| Virtual Annual General Meeting and Workshop Week 2020ETN's AGM & Workshop will be held online due to COVID-19... Read more.
| ETN October Workshop 2019ETN's October Workshop will take place on 1-2 October 2019 in Florence, Italy... Read more.
| Annual General Meeting and Workshop 2019ETN’s Annual General Meeting & Workshop will be held on 27-28 March 2019 in Pau, France... Read more.