European Turbine Network – ETN a.i.s.b.l. is a non-profit membership association, located at Chaussée de Charleroi 146, 1060 Brussels, Belgium.
ETN Member: an organisation that is member of our association, as per our Articles of Association.
ETN Member Contact Person: person or persons, working for an ETN Member, officially representing their organisation as their entry main contact point for ETN-related topics.
Website User: any individual using the etn.global website
Registered Website User: Website User having set up a user account on the etn.global website, and whose account was validated by the ETN Office.
ETN Website User: any Registered Website User working for an ETN Member.
Members Section: section of the etn.global website whose access is limited to ETN Website Users.
What data do we collect and how?
The ETN Team respects your privacy, therefore the personal data collected on the etn.global website is kept to a minimum in order for ETN to run its activities, while at the same time fulfil our role as networking organisation. The storage of data is handled by GDPR-compliant organisations
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. Our organisation collects and processes the following data:
- When a Website User creates an account on the etn.global website, we collect information provided to us, such as user name, first name, last name, email address, company, job title and country.
- When a Website User or an ETN Website User registers for an ETN event, we may ask to provide additional personal information needed for the event organisation, such as phone number, nutritional requirements/allergies and billing information for invoicing.
- As a result of using the etn.global website, we obtain the following personal data from any Website User:
- IP address;
- Browser information;
- Device details;
How will we use your data?
ETN Member representatives can access the contact details of each ETN Member Contact Person. This feature is available only for ETN Website Users with a valid user account on our website.
When subscribing to ETN’s newsletter mailing lists, the personal data will only be used for sending our Quarterly Newsletter and Monthly News Summary newsletters or invitations to ETN’s events and activities. If you no longer wish to be contacted, please send an email to email@example.com
When subscribing to any of ETN’s Working Group, your personal data is used to enable direct e-mail communication between you and the members of the Working Group. Your personal data will be used for sending updates on the chosen Working Group. It is possible to opt out at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a non-profit association, ETN does not sell any personal data to third parties.
We only share your personal data:
- With your consent: we only share your personal data with organisations other than ETN providing that you have consented to this.
In practice, this mostly corresponds to cases where ETN events are organised in collaboration with a partner organisation (e.g. event hosted by an ETN Member whose security policy requires us to provide an attendee list; online event for which ETN reserves the right to share contact information of registered Website Users or ETN Website Users to the event partner)
- For legal reasons: it may be the case that we need to share your personal data in order to comply with a legal obligation;
- With parties that process personal data for us: these parties may only process personal data by an order of ETN. Processing of this type is laid down in a processing agreement concluded between ETN and this party.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in;
- Registering to an event;
- Enabling features such as short links, forms, Q&A forum, etc.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information.
Embedded content from other websites
Data retention and your rights
For users that register on our website, we store the personal information they provide in their user profile that can be used for event registration. We do not have any specific duration for the data we store, but our newsletter mailing lists and website user accounts are being updated regularly, and it is possible to opt out at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
If you have an account on this site, you can request to receive the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Our website is encrypted with an SSL certificate.