Virtual Annual General Meeting and Workshop Week 2020
As a result of government restrictions and travel bans due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the ETN Board decided to cancel our face-to-face Annual General Meeting (AGM) & Workshop, planned to take place on 30 June and 1 July 2020 in Amsterdam. In order not to delay the AGM further, we decided to hold our first-ever entirely virtual AGM & Workshop.
Virtual AGM & Workshop Week: 29 June – 3 July 2020
Our Annual General Meeting (AGM) took place on 30 June 2020, divided into two parts:
- AGM: Opening and President’s speech, ETN’s annual report of activities and achievements, strategy discussion, financial report and ETN Board election results
- AGM panel session: “Research and innovation challenges for gas turbines in a low-carbon world” with speakers from the European Commission, Total, Shell and Enel.
ETN’s Workshop consisted of four individual two-hour sessions:
- 29 June 2020: Additive manufacturing and new materials
- 1 July 2020: Gas turbines operational and fuel flexibility
- 2 July 2020: Next generation power cycles
- 3 July 2020: Condition monitoring and asset management for energy transition
Full programme can be downloaded here.
Young Engineers Committee
ETN’s Young Engineers Committee held their first official meeting on 6 July 2020. This meeting, open to all ETN members, provided an opportunity for both “young engineers” and senior representatives of ETN member organisations to discuss the benefits each organisation is expecting from this new initiative. More details are available here.
ETN Board election
The new ETN Board of Directors was elected by the General Assembly. Read more about the election results here.
The resumes of the Board member candidates are available here (login required).
Activity Update 2019-2020
The ETN office has prepared our annual ETN Activity Update, which presents the key activities that have taken place since the last AGM in Pau, France, in March 2019. You can download the full report here (login required).
All presentations are available only for ETN members (login required).