Technical Project Assistant
ETN is looking for a Technical Project Assistant to join our team in Brussels for autumn 2018.
Traineeship title: Technical Project Assistant
Traineeship period: 2-6 months during autumn 2018 (the exact traineeship period will be determined based upon Trainee’s educational plan, availability, goals etc.)
Traineeship address: European Turbine Network, Chaussée de Charleroi 146/20, 1060 Brussels, Belgium
Tasks for the traineeship period: You will be working closely with the Research and Innovation Manager and the Technical Project Officer. Your task will be to participate and assist in the following activities:
• Ongoing research and development projects
• Coordination of activities and meetings related to ETN’s projects, Technical Committees and events, e.g. Additive Manufacturing, Air Filtration and Engine-specific User Groups
• Organisation of the biennial International Gas Turbine Conference 2018
We will also assign one specific assignment that you will start and complete during your traineeship.
Knowledge, skills and competencies to be acquired by the end of the traineeship:
• Knowledge of the power generation and oil & gas markets
• Knowledge of EU energy policy and EU research programmes
• Conducting market research analysis in the power generation and in the oil & gas sectors
• Coordination of activities related to the gas turbine industry
• Organisation of meetings and a major conference with key players in the gas turbine industry
The Trainee will report to the Research and Innovation Manager. There will be a mid-term and end of the term review meetings to evaluate the work of the Trainee and to provide/receive feedback on the Trainee’s experience. Please note that this traineeship’s purpose is to acquire professional qualities, experience and knowledge in the field of gas turbine technology and that it is aimed for students pursuing their university education. This internship is non-paid.
Requirements (profile, skills and background)
• Undergraduate/graduate student: the candidate must be enrolled at a university for the entire duration of the traineeship
• Interest in the energy sector and gas turbine technology
• Fluency in English (spoken and written)
• Excellent IT skills: MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), basic website management (CMS) and database management skills would be an asset
• A positive attitude, good organisational skills; ability to multitask with an eye for details
To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter to Mr. Björkqvist at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Technical Project Assistant Application 2018” before 15 August 2018. Only candidates selected for an interview will be notified (only shortlisted candidates will be contacted).