ETN Global is a non-profit membership association based in Brussels, Belgium, with members from the whole value chain of turbomachinery technology. Through cooperative efforts, ETN encourages and facilitates information exchange and collaboration to accelerate research, development and demonstration of safe, secure and affordable carbon-neutral energy solutions by 2030. With over 110 members from 21 countries, ETN is a well-established and recognised international association.
We are looking for a Project Officer who will be responsible for coordinating and supporting tasks in EU-funded Horizon 2020 R&D projects and other technical activities within ETN. In this exciting role you will work closely with project partners and ETN members, from the energy and power generation user community to gas turbine manufacturers, suppliers and the research community. To be successful in this position you will need excellent spoken and written English communication skills, experience in task management, and the ability to work with tight deadlines in a focused and productive manner. You will be working in a modern office in an attractive part of central Brussels.
Under the supervision of the Research & Innovation Manager, your tasks will include:
- Project management and coordination support in EU Horizon 2020 research projects
- Supervision of project partners to ensure progress and timely delivery of milestones and reports
- Organising technical project meetings and conferences, providing logistical support and drafting background documents and meeting reports
- Providing administrative support to the Chairpersons of ETN’s Working Groups
- Editing, updating and maintaining communication channels, such as websites and other knowledge pooling platforms for assigned projects
- Working with the ETN team to support ETN events and to provide optimum services to our members
The ideal candidate will have:
- A master’s degree in energy management, engineering, European studies, political science or international relations, with a keen interest in the energy sector
- Experience in project management, preferably Horizon 2020 programme
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, with an eye for details
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to network at ease
- Excellent oral and written English, and ideally knowledge of other languages
- Excellent IT skills: Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Access and VBA considered a plus), project management tools (Gantt etc.) and basic knowledge of content management systems (WordPress)
- A positive attitude, good organisational skills
- A professional and international network at the forefront of the energy transition
- A position as a focal point for the power generation community
- An opportunity to work with high level experts and senior managers
- Intensive coaching for a future career in the energy sector
To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter to Mr. Björkqvist at cb[at]etn.global with the subject “Project Officer Application 2021” before 31 January 2021. Only candidates selected for an interview will be notified. The successful candidate is expected to work full-time and start Feb-April 2021.