Junior Project Engineer – Technical Project Officer
ETN Global is a non-profit membership association based in Brussels, Belgium, bringing together stakeholders of the whole gas turbine technology value chain. Gas turbine technology is already playing a vital role in accelerating the energy transition and is expected to expand its strategic importance in a carbon-neutral society. Through cooperative efforts, ETN encourages and facilitates worldwide information exchange and collaboration to accelerate research, development and demonstration of safe, secure and affordable carbon-neutral energy solutions by 2030. With 113 member organisations from 22 countries, ETN is a well-established and recognised international association.
We are looking for a Junior Project Engineer with a keen interest in gas turbine technology and the energy transition to a carbon-neutral society. The ideal candidate should have a degree in mechanical engineering, be an excellent networker and be interested in coordination of technical working groups, user groups and other collaboration activities. ETN’s technical working groups and projects focus on accelerating the development and use of dispatchable low-carbon solutions and innovative technologies in the gas turbine sector, such as hydrogen; supercritical CO2 cycles; metal additive manufacturing; and decentralised carbon-neutral energy systems. At ETN you will work closely with the gas turbine user community for power generation, industry, and gas; the original equipment manufacturers; suppliers & service providers; and R&D experts.
To be considered as a potential candidate you will need excellent spoken and written English, experience in task management, the ability to work with tight deadlines in a focused and productive manner, and a drive to excel and widen networking and activities on a global level in line with ETN’s strategy. Good computer skills and any programming experience would also be an asset. ETN’s office is located in an attractive part of central Brussels in Belgium. Candidates will need a valid work permit to work in Belgium.
- Networking with gas turbine operators worldwide to identify needs & requirements
- Coordination and management support of gas turbine user groups and databases
- Coordination of technical working groups
- Project management support
- Organising technical meetings and conferences
- Recruitment of new members from the user community
- Members’ management and ensuring optimum services to members
- Representing the gas turbine stakeholders in technical expert groups for standardisation
- A professional and international network at the forefront of the energy transition
- A position as a focal point for the gas turbine user community
- The occasion to work on innovative concepts and technologies with international and dynamic teams
- The opportunity to work with high-level experts and senior managers
- Intensive coaching for a future career in the energy sector
- An open mindset to your interests and goals you want to achieve
To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter to Mr. Björkqvist at email@example.com with the subject “Junior Project Engineer” before 30 September 2021. Only candidates selected for an interview will be notified (only shortlisted candidates will be contacted). The successful candidate is expected to work full-time and start as soon as possible.