- ETN unveils a new name: Energy & Turbomachinery Network
- ETN submits a joint-letter to EC calling for binding biomethane targets!
- ETN R&D Recommendation Report-2023 Edition is out!
- ETN Quarterly Newsletter Vol 2023 Issue 02 is out!
- ETN presents a joint position paper on NZIA with European Net Zero Alliance (ENZA) to EU Parliament
Latest NewsRead more
Additive Manufacturing L-PBF Machine Evaluation Initiative
ETN’s unique L-PBF Machine Evaluation Initiative was developed among members of ETN’s Additive Manufacturing Working Group. The project will review capabilities of Laser-Powder Bed Fusion (aka L-PBF, Selective Laser Melting) equipment currently available on the market.
The involved manufacturers will be manufacturing parts with Nickel Alloy 718 powder, according to specifications defined in collaboration with members of the ETN Additive Manufacturing Working Group. The parts to be produced include features of specific interest to the energy sector, such as thin walls and cooling channels. Performance, quality and productivity are key elements that will be evaluated.
The outcome of the project will consist of a detailed report, evaluating and comparing technical and commercial characteristics of selected AM machines available on the market and sample parts they produced. The full report will be available only for the partners. Find out more about this initiative here.
If your organisation would be interested to hear more about this project, please contact Valentin Moens: vm(at)etn.global