- ETN unveils a new name: Energy & Turbomachinery Network
- ETN submits a joint-letter to EC calling for binding biomethane targets!
- ETN R&D Recommendation Report-2023 Edition is out!
- ETN Quarterly Newsletter Vol 2023 Issue 02 is out!
- ETN presents a joint position paper on NZIA with European Net Zero Alliance (ENZA) to EU Parliament
Latest NewsRead more
New Energy Efficiency Directive To Enter Into Force This Autumn
The European Parliament adopted the Energy Efficiency Directive (EED) on 11 September 2012, following the political agreement reached between the European Parliament and the Council in June 2012.
The new legislation brings forward legally binding measures to step up Member States efforts to use energy more efficiently at all stages of the energy chain from the transformation of energy and its distribution to its final consumption. Measures include the legal obligation to establish energy efficiency obligations schemes or policy measures in all member states. These will drive energy efficiency improvements in households, industries and transport sectors. Other measures include an exemplary role to be played by the public sector and a right for consumers to know how much energy they consume.
It will enter into force one month after the Council adopts it in early October 2012.
You can find more details about the EED by clicking here.