- ETN Quarterly Newsletter Vol 2023 Issue 02 is out!
- ETN presents a joint position paper on NZIA with European Net Zero Alliance (ENZA) to EU Parliament
- ETN announces the launch of the Gas Turbine Life Assessment and Extension Working Group
- ISOP project is recruiting: ETN to host 2 engineers.
- ETN’s Position Paper “Proposed NOx emissions reporting for hydrogen-containing fuels” is available for download!
Latest NewsRead more
Concentrated Solar Power Gets A Boost From The US
The US Department of Energy will invest $60 million (43.5 million euro) in R&D for Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) over the next three years to give a boost to the sector. Rapid technological evolution and favourable regulatory regimes has helped the CSP sector to get onto its feet quickly, nevertheless solar energy still only provides 1% of the global energy consumption. This is largely due to its intermittent nature and low density, as well as the price declines caused by the economic recession and overcapacity.
Currently Solar Photovoltaic (PV) energy, the main rival to CSP, is commercially more successful, however CSP has the great advantage that its storage technology allows CSP power stations to deliver dispatchable electricity which can be stored and used even during the night.
For more information please click here.