- ETN unveils a new name: Energy & Turbomachinery Network
- ETN submits a joint-letter to EC calling for binding biomethane targets!
- ETN R&D Recommendation Report-2023 Edition is out!
- ETN Quarterly Newsletter Vol 2023 Issue 02 is out!
- ETN presents a joint position paper on NZIA with European Net Zero Alliance (ENZA) to EU Parliament
Latest NewsRead more
Concentrated Solar Power Gets A Boost From The US
In the last 20 years in an attempt to compensate for the lower air mass at high temperatures, gas turbine (GT) manufacturers have introduced techniques to cool inlet air, thus boosting turbine output in single and combined cycle operations. Feeding cooler air into the turbine increases mass flow, resulting in higher output. The power required to compress air is directly proportional to the temperature of the air, so reducing the inlet air temperature reduces the work of compression and there is more power available at the turbine output shaft.
Click here to read more