- ETN unveils a new name: Energy & Turbomachinery Network
- ETN submits a joint-letter to EC calling for binding biomethane targets!
- ETN R&D Recommendation Report-2023 Edition is out!
- ETN Quarterly Newsletter Vol 2023 Issue 02 is out!
- ETN presents a joint position paper on NZIA with European Net Zero Alliance (ENZA) to EU Parliament
Latest NewsRead more
How Power Plant Upgrades Are Boosting Flexibility
It seems that, to some extent, full load peak thermal efficiency is being decoupled from peak economic efficiency – or, at the very least, the two are no longer necessarily equivalent. Instead, operators nowadays are more typically looking to extend the operating range, increase their ramp rates, achieve high efficiency at low power ratings, deliver on fuel flexibility and so on.
As a result of this demand from their customers, original equipment manufacturers are now offering a range of retrofit options that can enable asset owners to further optimize operational performance, rapidly respond in a far more dynamic marketplace, cut commercial risks and keep operating costs to a minimum.
Click here to read more.