- ETN presents a joint position paper on NZIA with European Net Zero Alliance (ENZA) to EU Parliament
- ETN announces the launch of the Gas Turbine Life Assessment and Extension Working Group
- ISOP project is recruiting: ETN to host 2 engineers.
- ETN’s Position Paper “Proposed NOx emissions reporting for hydrogen-containing fuels” is available for download!
- ETN’s full report “Addressing the combustion challenges of hydrogen addition to natural gas” is now available for download!
Latest NewsRead more
Webinar: CCS As Least-Cost Options For Integrating Intermittent Renewables In Low-Carbon Power Systems
Webinar organised by Global CCS Institute
Date: Wednesday, 14 October 2015 – 6:00pm to 7:00pm
Intermittent renewable energy sources (intermittent”ÂRES) such as wind and solar PV can be a key component of the resulting low”Â carbon power systems, but their intermittency requires more flexibility from the rest of the power system to maintain system stability. In this study, the efficacy of five complementary options to integrate intermittent RES at the lowest cost is evaluated with the PLEXOS hourly power system simulation tool for Western Europe in the year 2050. Outcomes of the study show that amongst the various options to reduce system’s costs one of the most effective is the implementation of CCS at natural gas”Âfired power plants.
For more information and to participate in the webinar, please click here.