- ETN’s full report “Addressing the combustion challenges of hydrogen addition to natural gas” is now available for download!
- ETN Quarterly Newsletter Vol 2023 Issue 01 is out!
- ISOP project officially launched!
- FLEX4H2 project officially launched!
- ETN’s summary report “Combustion challenges of hydrogen addition to natural gas” is now available for download!
Latest NewsRead more
Potential Energy Efficiency Binding Target For 2030
The EU’s energy commissioner, Günther Oettinger, has called for a new legally-binding proposal this autumn to cut energy use by 2030, as a way of cutting Europe’s dependence on Russia for a third of its oil, and 39% of its gas supplies. Back in January 2014, the European Commission (EC) proposed a binding 40% greenhouse gas reduction objective compared to 1990 level and an EU-wide target of 27% for renewables by 2030. However, the EC did not include a target on energy efficiency as it would be implemented through the Energy Efficiency Directive, which is set to be reviewed in June 2014. The energy efficiency level target the EC is currently considering and whether the target would be binding on EU or national level is still unknown. For more information, please click here.