European Commission Presented A Proposal For A Future Energy Union
On 25 February, the European Commission (EC) presented a proposal for a future Energy Union, a non-binding document outlining a wide range of initiatives to foster an EU-wide energy policy allowing for a free flow of energy throughout the EU territory.
The energy Union plan consists of five main close interrelated dimensions:
1) Enhancing EU security of supply
2) Building a single energy market which is highly competitive
3) Increasing energy efficiency
4) Reducing energy production pollution by decarbonising our economies
5) Boosting renewable energies by investing in R&D