EU Sustainable Energy Week Event: “Micro Gas Turbines Put A New Spin On Green Energy Production”
On 15 June 2016, ETN, COGEN, AEBIOM and the Renewable Heating & Cooling Platform, will organise a policy session entitled “Micro-Gas Turbines put a new spin on green energy production” during the EU Sustainable Energy Week (EUSEW). The objective of this session is to highlight and discuss how Micro Gas Turbine (MGT) technology in a system approach can contribute to the decarbonisation of the energy system. The session also aims to raise awareness, present and evaluate current technology development and future opportunities for the reliable and environmentally-friendly combined generation of heating/cooling and power based on the micro gas turbine (MGT) technology integrated with solar and biomass energy sources.
Date and location:
Wednesday 15 June 2016, 11:00 – 12:30 Residence Palace, Rue de la loi 155, 1040, Brussels (Room Passage)
- Mohsen Assadi, Professor in the Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Stavanger
Speakers and Panellists:
- Andreea Strachinescu, Head of Unit, New energy technologies, innovation and clean coal, DG Energy, European Commission
- Andreas Huber, Head of Department Gas Turbine, DLR
- Sébastien Farinotti, Co-CEO, Vanparijs Engineers
- Ludwig Van Wonterghem, CEO, ÖkoFEN
To register, click here (select “15 June”, then browse the list until you see the event mentioned).