- ETN unveils a new name: Energy & Turbomachinery Network
- ETN submits a joint-letter to EC calling for binding biomethane targets!
- ETN R&D Recommendation Report-2023 Edition is out!
- ETN Quarterly Newsletter Vol 2023 Issue 02 is out!
- ETN presents a joint position paper on NZIA with European Net Zero Alliance (ENZA) to EU Parliament
Latest NewsRead more
The Delegation From The US Department Of Energy Visits The ETN Office
The US Department of Energy will invest $60 million (43.5 million euro) in R&D for Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) over the next three years to give a boost to the sector. Rapid technological evolution and favourable regulatory regimes has helped the CSP sector to get onto its feet quickly, nevertheless solar energy still only provides 1% of the global energy consumption. This is largely due to its intermittent nature and low density, as well as the price declines caused by the economic recession and overcapacity.
Currently Solar Photovoltaic (PV) energy, the main rival to CSP, is commercially more successful, however CSP has the great advantage that its storage technology allows CSP power stations to deliver dispatchable electricity which can be stored and used even during the night.
For more information please click here.