Supercritical CO2 WG
ETN sCO2 Working Group
The objectives of the ETN sCO2 Working Group are to develop, enable and optimise the use of supercritical CO2 power cycles by:
- Highlighting potential use, applications and benefits.
- Pave the way for funding opportunities by highlighting the research needs on sCO2 based power cycles, in order to contribute to their deployment in the future energy system.
- Address operational issues/effects on components (turbomachinery, heat exchangers, combustion systems) related to the use of sCO2.
- Explore market opportunities.
- Assess and address operational safety aspects of sCO2-cycles based power plants.
- To foster the use of sCO2 as working fluid for power generation.
- Create a database of European open test beds
Ugo Simeoni, ETN